Harlem Chamber Players Songfest II
June 9th, Miller Theatre, Columbia University, 7 PM, Mezzo Soprano Lucia Bradford will sing “My Son, My Child” from Watkins and Coss’ new opera, Universal Child, the Emmett Till Story.
Tickets can be purchased here.
Fundraiser for LEAD at Chez Josephine
June 20th, Chez Josephine fund raising event for Janet Dewart Bell’s non profit civil rights organization, LEAD. A few selections from Universal Child with featured singers from the concert premiere.
Click here to learn more about LEAD.
Coming in 2024:
Feature Film Emmett, Tief en meinem Herzen
Label Noir, Afro-German artist collective in Berlin, filmed Christian Buchner’s German translation of my play Emmett, Tief en meinem Herzen. Artistic directors Lara-Sophie Milagro and Dela Dabulamamzi dramatize how the Emmett Till tragedy reverberates in contemporary Germany.
“One of the most important projects of my career as actor, director, producer. So proud and happy to work with our amazing team. How privileged we are to bring Emmett Till’s story to the screen.”
– Lara-Sophie Milagro, co-artistic director Label Noir
Resources for Action:
- Center for Constitutional Rights
- Emmett Till Legacy Foundation
- LEAD Intergenerational Solutions
- Peace Action
- MADRE Global Women’s Rights
- PEN – The Freedom to Write
- 350.org Global Environmental Organization
- Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Outright International